Sunday, July 7, 2013

Potatoes are NOT bad for you!



Yes!! Potatoes are part of a balanced diet! NO longer villified by low carb dieters, they provide HEALTHY nutrients and help you feel full on less! So serve up a potato bar for dinner (just watch portion size on toppings such as cheese and sour cream...try broccoli and cheese or chicken, corn and black beans with salsa on top!) I welcome potatoes back into my diet with open arms!


http://www.potatogoodness.com/news/research-shows-potatoes-are-one-of-the-best-nutritional-values-per-penny/

My favorite potato recipe has always been potato pancakes but I am feeling frisky (and trying to stay healthy.)  After so long an absence from potatoes, what recipe shall I try first?  I believe I will try this one from Thibeault's Table: Baked Potatoes Filled with Egg & Cheese.  Doesn't that look delightful?  It's like breakfast in a cup!

0 comments:

Post a Comment