Thursday, January 27, 2011

Less of me…More of Him


This will be a semi regular feature on my blog.  I have battled my weight for years and am finding out that a lot of women struggle with the same things I do.  Tune in here to share your own struggles, thoughts, tips, exercises that work…whatever you’d like to add.  Here we go.

January 2011, I am once AGAIN tackling the monster that is my fluctuation in weight.  For those of us that love food, it is difficult to lose weight-I LOVE to eat!  So it will be a long slow road uphill and I have already forgiven myself for the times I will stumble and get off track.  But Ecc 4:9-10 reminds me NOT to go it alone.  Normally I read out of the New American Standard Bible but I LOVE the New Living Translation of this verse, "9 Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed10 If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble." So therefore, since I want to succeed this time,  I need people to come along side me and hold me accountable for how much I eat and how little I exercise.  God, most of all I need YOUR help.  I am weak but you are strong.  Like the Footprints in the Sand, there will be times I need you to carry me.

1 comment:

  1. i am struggling to just find time to do anything to work off the weight, like just workout time. anyone who knows my lifestyle knows i am active, which is why extra weight is so frustrating! now i do knee bends and leg kicks while doing dishes, and if i get to watch something before hitting the bed, i do crunches during the first 10min of the show.

    ReplyDelete